CivCraft.net Forums

Back to Civcraft.net

It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:05 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:29 am 
Warrior

I wasn't there for the live stream, but I had an idea on the walls that might help prevent some floating.

If it's made so that only the wall, ground level (let's say 70 for this), and upwards from that are mineable for destroying the wall (vs the slow down from any block, allowing more underground tunneling) it would force people to at least be near the ground to get past and destroy the walls. However, a simple trench around the walls will still help keep out people for a while. :|

Another idea is that (assuming the live stream suggestion of mineable walls from any level below them) is that when you mine a wall, it gives a report to the enemy civ of what layer you're mining from, and the general idea of which wall it is that you're mining. Actually, the Great Wall of China had smoke signals from the tower positions that were highly visible, which could be implemented beyond the small ashes when you mine. However, you could still work fast and get through underground until you're inside the cap. :|

Siege weapons hopefully bring people above ground, or maybe enough infamous publicity the tunneling is getting just expects you to fight... honorably and above ground. I hope both work, anything at all really.

Open recruitment civ. PM me.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7239

Willing to moderate.

Prevented 1 WarTime immunity bug from occurring.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]