This week had some major issues with the servers. We all owe a big thanks to Netizen for working to resolve things as quickly as he did, and apparently the servers are working better now than before the hosting service acted up. Also, I'm going to start copying the update notes, so they're easier to find for people here.Beta 5 Update 11
Posted on November 9, 2013 by Robosnail
* Players can no longer access single protected chests by building a chest next to it.
* Chromium, tungsten, and all other custom items are now available in the market once again.
* Moderators can no ban between 1-24 hours as well as unban as needed.
* Tech machinery now gives proper windmill bonus x2 efficiency.
* Windmills plant seeds at a more visual rate, they now plant 16 crops a minute rather then 1000 an hour.
* Added command /resident toggle combatinfo shows the damage you do and the damage you receive from players and monsters.This was primarily added to help us trouble shoot a bug that allows certain players to deal more damage then they should. Please use it if you feel you are taking more damage then you should be and report it on the forums under bugs. Thanks.
* Fixed a memory leak that was causing servers severe lag. 3 hour restarts have been removed.
* Other stability fixes.The Forums
The Devs gave a sneak peek at some of the upcoming templatesLink
The hosting service that Civcraft uses had some issues this weekLink
A poll suggests that not that many people are gathering Slime, despite everyone wanting to buy itLink
A Discussion got some comments from Netizen that are worth a readLink
On Grenard, the Vindicators have started researching Enlightenment, leading to a major warLink
There appears to have been a late breaking Incident on Loki involving WastedLink
There was some discussion on just how easy a Science victory will beLink
And this weeks listing of topics relating to SlimeLinkLinkLinkLinkLinkThe Scores
1) Dragonea - 3142973
2) Guardians - 2585315
3) Aurora - 2324897
4) Shadow_Republic - 2178666
5) Westeros - 2081015
1) SpartanOrder - 3639718
2) KnightsRadiant - 2868598
3) Foundation - 2689503
4) Vindicators - 2656240
5) Olympus - 1806958
For LokiScores collected around midnight Monday morning.
1) middleearth - 6576098
2) Lightz - 4280722
3) New_Era - 2519047
4) Forgotten_empire -1936304
5) Inferno -1694455
I'm still interested if anyone wants me to include an article of what has been happening on the servers. Just write it up and send me a PM with the summary and if I think it will work I'll put it into next weeks Free Trader. And again, I'm hoping to somehow get my hands on the War Data.Editorial
Feel free to ignore this
I don't plan on making a habit of personally writing things into Free Trader issues, but I'd like to bring something up. A very large number of people are complaining about the cost of Slime in the game right now, as you can see from the large number of topics about it. What the poll I posted and let run for a week suggests though is that the main reason Slime is such an issue is that everyone
wants it while few
players are gathering it. Whether or not Slime will get a rebalance in the future, I can't say. In the meantime though, please keep in mind that if you and your Civ aren't gathering Slime, what you're actually complaining about is that it require effort to gather, rather than just being handed to you by the market. And please, for the love of whatever you hold dear, try not to post yet another topic about Slime. I'm getting tired of reading the same thing several times a week since the phase began.-Cealdare