CivCraft.net Forums

Back to Civcraft.net

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:07 am 
Prince

This week had some major issues with the servers. We all owe a big thanks to Netizen for working to resolve things as quickly as he did, and apparently the servers are working better now than before the hosting service acted up. Also, I'm going to start copying the update notes, so they're easier to find for people here.

Beta 5 Update 11
Posted on November 9, 2013 by Robosnail
Bugs Fixed
* Players can no longer access single protected chests by building a chest next to it.
* Chromium, tungsten, and all other custom items are now available in the market once again.
* Moderators can no ban between 1-24 hours as well as unban as needed.
* Tech machinery now gives proper windmill bonus x2 efficiency.
* Windmills plant seeds at a more visual rate, they now plant 16 crops a minute rather then 1000 an hour.
* Added command /resident toggle combatinfo shows the damage you do and the damage you receive from players and monsters.This was primarily added to help us trouble shoot a bug that allows certain players to deal more damage then they should. Please use it if you feel you are taking more damage then you should be and report it on the forums under bugs. Thanks.
* Fixed a memory leak that was causing servers severe lag. 3 hour restarts have been removed.
* Other stability fixes.

The Forums

The Devs gave a sneak peek at some of the upcoming templates
Link

The hosting service that Civcraft uses had some issues this week
Link

A poll suggests that not that many people are gathering Slime, despite everyone wanting to buy it
Link

A Discussion got some comments from Netizen that are worth a read
Link

On Grenard, the Vindicators have started researching Enlightenment, leading to a major war
Link

There appears to have been a late breaking Incident on Loki involving Wasted
Link

There was some discussion on just how easy a Science victory will be
Link

And this weeks listing of topics relating to Slime
Link
Link
Link
Link
Link

The Scores

For Arendal
    1) Dragonea - 3142973
    2) Guardians - 2585315
    3) Aurora - 2324897
    4) Shadow_Republic - 2178666
    5) Westeros - 2081015

For Grenard
    1) SpartanOrder - 3639718
    2) KnightsRadiant - 2868598
    3) Foundation - 2689503
    4) Vindicators - 2656240
    5) Olympus - 1806958

For Loki
    1) middleearth - 6576098
    2) Lightz - 4280722
    3) New_Era - 2519047
    4) Forgotten_empire -1936304
    5) Inferno -1694455

Scores collected around midnight Monday morning.

I'm still interested if anyone wants me to include an article of what has been happening on the servers. Just write it up and send me a PM with the summary and if I think it will work I'll put it into next weeks Free Trader. And again, I'm hoping to somehow get my hands on the War Data.

Editorial Feel free to ignore this

I don't plan on making a habit of personally writing things into Free Trader issues, but I'd like to bring something up. A very large number of people are complaining about the cost of Slime in the game right now, as you can see from the large number of topics about it. What the poll I posted and let run for a week suggests though is that the main reason Slime is such an issue is that everyone wants it while few players are gathering it. Whether or not Slime will get a rebalance in the future, I can't say. In the meantime though, please keep in mind that if you and your Civ aren't gathering Slime, what you're actually complaining about is that it require effort to gather, rather than just being handed to you by the market. And please, for the love of whatever you hold dear, try not to post yet another topic about Slime. I'm getting tired of reading the same thing several times a week since the phase began.
-Cealdare

Last edited by Cealdare on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:47 am 
Monarch

i like this post keep going the good work thanks for all this

leader of middleearth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:02 pm 
Prince

Our score(MiddleEarth) is inaccurate I think. This is what we were before we removed a ton of towns http://i.imgur.com/EGa84wD.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:25 pm 
AvRGaming Staff

I love these. Thanks for posting it! (btw you should cross post it to the subreddit :) )

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:41 pm 
Prince

The Score for Loki I grabbed at about 11PM my time Sunday night. I try to keep the scores as close to midnight as I can, but when there's as large a gap between Civs as there was on Loki (2 million points) I don't worry so much. Grenard on the other hand I grabbed pretty much exactly at midnight because there were 3 Civs close enough that there might have been a change in who was where depending on when I grabbed the score.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:18 pm 
Prince

Please try to add what wars are going on on each server,
would be very helpful.

you should mod this guy...

Phase 6- Britannian Empire
Phase 7- FastFoodInc.
IGN: ekashmer

Visca Barca

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:58 am 
Prince

If other people are willing to send me the info I'll add it, but I only play on one server, usually in the wee hours of the morning so not that many people are on. Basically, I'm not in a position to keep track of everything personally. But if other people want to send me that info I'll include it (and credit for it) in the post.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]