CivCraft.net Forums

Back to Civcraft.net

It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:17 pm 
Warrior

Greetings citizens!

Civcraft is a game where community can actually mean something. We wanted to try to foster a better community and actually get to know more of the people behind the screen names. Ostrich, AssassinStingray and I approached Netizen a few days ago to suggest/start an official Teamspeak server for the game, and he approved it.

I have already opened the server up to players, and have seen several civs start to use it. I'm hoping in the future, it can become a place to foster a great community. The server address and password follow:

Address: civcraft.cloudapp.net
PW: CivCraft (use both capital Cs)

Rules are pretty much the same as chat ingame, with one exception: Please use your ingame name as you TS handle. It makes it easier for us to know who you are. This rule will be strictly enforced.

On TS, mods are the same (Flaze, Allisia, me, The_Gunny, SeriousBlack, Gecko, BigFootTech) and Ostrich has the lone Admin tag. Server Admins are myself and AssassinStingray. Permissions will be given out when you first log in. It will work like this:

You first enter TS in the Home channel as a guest (no move or talk permissions). One of the admins will move you to another channel to chat (which server you play on, civ name, and whether you're a civ leader or member) and set everything up in TS. Once that's done, you're free to move around. If a channel needs to be locked, contact one of the admins and we'll set up a password for the channel. Other permissions will be explained as you enter TS.

BTW - this is completely optional to log into. If you have another voice comm system, that's perfectly alright. I don't want to usurp anyone else's system. Although I do hope everyone will try it out at least once!

Moderator on Corinth

Last edited by jrhain on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:37 pm 
Prince

it a good idea but it will lead to people taking identidy + it give our ip away , we already have enough ddos problem

Phase 4 : Leader of Lightz , mayor of capitol Illumina #3
Phase 5 : Leader of Lightz , mayor of capitol Illumina #1 , won
Phase 6 : Leader of Lightz , mayor of capitol Unicorn #1
Phase 7 : Leader of Lightz , mayor of capitol Illumina #1 , won

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:39 pm 
Warrior

We have the permissions set up to where only the server admins can see IP addresses.

Moderator on Corinth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:40 pm 
Prince

that a good new but there still the problem with people taking false idendity + it easier to shit talk on ts than chat since you cant gyazo it and most of time the global chat is already full of shit talk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:42 pm 
AvRGaming Staff

Post is now announcement :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:43 pm 
AvRGaming Staff

DiamondsMaster wrote:
that a good new but there still the problem with people taking false idendity + it easier to shit talk on ts than chat since you cant gyazo it and most of time the global chat is already full of shit talk

If you're worried about people getting your IP to DDoS you, or worried about shit-talk, you don't have to join the teamspeak.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:47 pm 
Warrior

@Netizen - wow, you're on fire today. I was in the middle of typing and it moved!

@Diamond - I understand what you're saying, and I agree. We're going off the honor system, so I'd hope the majority of the community would respect the ID rule.

Moderator on Corinth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:52 pm 
Prince

netizen539 wrote:
If you're worried about people getting your IP to DDoS you, or worried about shit-talk, you don't have to join the teamspeak.

Had bad experience with ddos while playing civ that why I dont really like the idea but it a good idea just need alot of attention from the staff
jrhain wrote:
@Netizen - wow, you're on fire today. I was in the middle of typing and it moved!

@Diamond - I understand what you're saying, and I agree. We're going off the honor system, so I'd hope the majority of the community would respect the ID rule.

indeed but with proper moderation im pretty sure it can work also fake ID won't work for long since most people already talk with each other on their own ts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:55 pm 
Warrior

DiamondsMaster wrote:
netizen539 wrote:

Had bad experience with ddos while playing civ that why I dont really like the idea but it a good idea just need alot of attention from the staff.

Luckily, with Stingray on most of the day and myself on during the evening, I think we can give it the attention it needs to flourish.

Moderator on Corinth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:19 pm 
Monarch

I assume the current teamspeak mods will have no bias decisions?
I currently won't join until that's cleared, as for the accusations that I dupe/lag the server, which I don't.

- A Leader of Aurora -

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next