CivCraft.net Forums

Back to Civcraft.net

It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which phase?
Phase 4 and under 57%  57%  [ 8 ]
Phase 5 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Phase 6 & 7 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: My CivCraft Experience
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:50 am 
Prince

Well i played civcraft ever since it got on to the shotbow network and i have noticed some pros and cons of both the community and staff, i honestly haven't touched civcraft in about a month now due to mass boredom, but this is my rant.

Pros
------
♥ Great for meeting new people, and having a fun time overall.
♥ Unique Game mode
♥ War
♥ Phase 4(Bring it back, soooo much better)
♥ Spying (but got ruined phase 6?)
♥ Calling people nerds and they cry for hours
♥ and more, that i cant think of
♥NEtizen ♥♥♥♥♥

Cons
------
☻Toxic Community
☻Way too many false hacking
☻ People going past the game to harass people, without punishment
☻ Hackers
☻Unreliable servers
☻Presto_jew
☻ Punishments, are minimal and obsolete.
☻and more....
☻ Little to no community ideas in the actual build
☻ Promises not fulfilled

Say what you think is wrong in the comments, and what you agree with!
Also what is your favorite phase, Tell me in the poll!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:47 am 
Prince

The presto_jew part should be a pro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:18 am 
AvRGaming Staff

Soup2314 wrote:
♥NEtizen ♥♥♥♥♥

Dawww thanks.

As for the cons...

Quote:
☻Toxic Community

Agreed, the community could be more friendly. Suggestions on how to fix this are welcome.

Quote:
☻ Hackers

Not sure what this means. Too many false accusations of hacking or too much hacking? In any case, the CivCraft AntiCheat will help with this a lot. We'll see how much damage hackers can do now that the anti-cheat is in place. Should be much more manageable. Try Arendal.

Quote:
☻ People going past the game to harass people, without punishment

They were punished actually. Their accounts and IPs were perma-banned from civcraft. Not sure what else I can do here.
Quote:
☻Unreliable servers

Servers will occasionally crash but its a large and complex game mode in which I'm constantly adding new stuff. I wish they were better but it is what it is. Point taken.

Quote:

Punishments are actually pretty harsh depending on what you do. Don't know what more you expect of the server. Maybe I could force people to register with their parents phone numbers so I can give kids a call and get them grounded if they break rules.

Quote:
☻and more....

You get all of this for the low low low low price of 58 installments of 19.99. Order now and we'll throw in a free stack of gravel!

Quote:

This is the one that got me. Because its such a falsehood. Off the top of my head these are the following ideas that were implemented into CivCraft from community suggestions:
    * Camp
    * Camp Sifter
    * Camp Garden
    * Camp Longhouse
    * Happiness game mechanic system.
    * Integrated PvP logger system
    * the Market
    * Tons of usability improvements and gameplay/rule changes based on community feedback.

Quote:
☻ Promises not fulfilled

Which promises? Seriously I'd like to know what you think we promised and why you feel entitled to it. I can think a few features we wanted to add but instead chose to do something else for a while, but I'd really be interested to know which specific things you were looking forward to but never saw.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:08 am 
Prince

Netizen because i am too dumb to take the time find out where to type ill write a statement.

On the subject of obsolete punishments they are, Alt accounts... There is no serious way to ban people.... Proxies are so easy to use a caveman can use it. IP bans dont work and neither do regular bans, possibly implement a way into the antihack to log previous characters? and cross check if previous character is banned, too also ban new character?

Also on the promises, Colosseum where is that at? Phase 4 we were told it were to come in phase 5, what phase is it now? ummm oh also! The Colossus rebuild was also promised phase 5 we were so excited to see that beauty, and 750k or so later we came up with a building made by a 4 year old with old lego bricks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:13 pm 
Monarch

Soup2314 wrote:
Netizen because i am too dumb to take the time find out where to type ill write a statement.

On the subject of obsolete punishments they are, Alt accounts... There is no serious way to ban people.... Proxies are so easy to use a caveman can use it. IP bans dont work and neither do regular bans, possibly implement a way into the antihack to log previous characters? and cross check if previous character is banned, too also ban new character?

Also on the promises, Colosseum where is that at? Phase 4 we were told it were to come in phase 5, what phase is it now? ummm oh also! The Colossus rebuild was also promised phase 5 we were so excited to see that beauty, and 750k or so later we came up with a building made by a 4 year old with old lego bricks.

yeah nobody likes the build of the colossus its not the most pretty wonder to look maybe remake?
about IP bans I think this is hard to fight but starting with a anti cheat civcraft mod is a very good thing to start with.
also when will there be more wonders and maybe add some more tech?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:53 pm 
Warrior

*hopes I didn't miss a quote*

netizen539 wrote:
Quote:
☻Toxic Community

Agreed, the community could be more friendly. Suggestions on how to fix this are welcome.

Use the shotbow lag to friendly words thing on here to turn phases like "phase 4", "lag", and hurtful things into those. ;)

netizen539 wrote:
Quote:
☻ Hackers

Not sure what this means. Too many false accusations of hacking or too much hacking? In any case, the CivCraft AntiCheat will help with this a lot. We'll see how much damage hackers can do now that the anti-cheat is in place. Should be much more manageable. Try Arendal.

Already addressed, but I think it's referring to when you don't need it on too. Safe PvP's great, but what's the point if the other side just X-Ray'd their way to the top by about 10,000,000 points? They're going to win either way. No suggestions on fixing this, idk.

netizen539 wrote:
Quote:
☻Unreliable servers

Servers will occasionally crash but its a large and complex game mode in which I'm constantly adding new stuff. I wish they were better but it is what it is. Point taken.

As opposed to the phase 4 rants, I think the servers have crashed a LOT less then phase 3 and 4. Keep up the... one thing that fixed that.

netizen539 wrote:
Quote:

Punishments are actually pretty harsh depending on what you do. Don't know what more you expect of the server. Maybe I could force people to register with their parents phone numbers so I can give kids a call and get them grounded if they break rules.

Laughed when I read that. Also, we had a question last night on Arendal, is duping chicken eggs bannable? Thanks.

netizen539 wrote:
Quote:
☻and more....

You get all of this for the low low low low price of 58 installments of 19.99. Order now and we'll throw in a free stack of gravel!

But wait! There's more! Order NOW for TWO free stacks of gravel!

netizen539 wrote:
Quote:

This is the one that got me. Because its such a falsehood. Off the top of my head these are the following ideas that were implemented into CivCraft from community suggestions:
    * Camp
    * Camp Sifter
    * Camp Garden
    * Camp Longhouse
    * Happiness game mechanic system.
    * Integrated PvP logger system
    * the Market
    * Tons of usability improvements and gameplay/rule changes based on community feedback.

You forgot my great(ish) walls idea I just made. :cry: The horse armor was interesting too, but probably not worth the coding time.

netizen539 wrote:
Quote:
☻ Promises not fulfilled

Which promises? Seriously I'd like to know what you think we promised and why you feel entitled to it. I can think a few features we wanted to add but instead chose to do something else for a while, but I'd really be interested to know which specific things you were looking forward to but never saw.

Colossus, republic government. Other than that, nothing!

Open recruitment civ. PM me.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7239

Willing to moderate.

Prevented 1 WarTime immunity bug from occurring.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:16 pm 
Warrior

How to fix the communinty?

- More Events
- Ur live stream from 2 days ago was awesome keep doing that.
- Support Youtubers? Like Dcone
- The Teamspeak Was on of the top ideas! keep suporting that!
- Meaby CivCraft Youtube That learn how to play CivCraft. (New people cant get any change for suvive toward players that are doing the game for few phase's)

Phase 4- Wanted
Phase 3 - Expoint

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:24 pm 
Prince

Soup2314 wrote:

Please don't call my mother, Netizen. From my understanding, he can shotbow ip ban all accounts from one ip. The fault? Nothing really can stop them from changing ip and playing again.

"Memento mori"
"Remember you have to die."

"I lift things up and put them down"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:23 pm 
AvRGaming Staff

Soup2314 wrote:

Please name a minecraft server that manages to fix this problem and I'll copy their solution. In fact name a single game in the history of games that manages to somehow fingerprint people and prevent them from buying another copy of the game and using a different IP address to connect again. The reality is for most games it's against their best interest to stop people from buying a game again, changing their IP and playing. It's seriously not my problem if hackers get new accounts and new IPs to play again. If they break the rules again, they will have to get another IP and another account and that's a pain for them.

The reason this is a complaint is actually quite interesting because it tells me that getting your enemies banned is part of the meta-game you've been playing on CivCraft. And you're right, whats the point in playing if all your "hard work" to get your enemies banned can just be circumvented by a proxy and an alt? The truth is this attitude is a major contributing factor to the 'toxic community' and I'm done catering to it. Bans are not weapons.

Quote:

If you watched the live stream you'd know that a PvP arena is coming in beta8. However I'd like to address the bigger point that items on the roadmap are not promises. The roadmap was only a guide to give people a sneak peak at what we wanted to do in the future but we reserve the right to change our minds, change direction, and/or drop any game idea at any point in time. You are not and never will be entitled to suggestions or ideas placed on the roadmap.

However you did remind me that the roadmap is out of date. I'll update it now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:20 pm 
Prince

netizen539 wrote:
Soup2314 wrote:

Please name a minecraft server that manages to fix this problem and I'll copy their solution. In fact name a single game in the history of games that manages to somehow fingerprint people and prevent them from buying another copy of the game and using a different IP address to connect again. The reality is for most games it's against their best interest to stop people from buying a game again, changing their IP and playing. It's seriously not my problem if hackers get new accounts and new IPs to play again. If they break the rules again, they will have to get another IP and another account and that's a pain for them.

The reason this is a complaint is actually quite interesting because it tells me that getting your enemies banned is part of the meta-game you've been playing on CivCraft. And you're right, whats the point in playing if all your "hard work" to get your enemies banned can just be circumvented by a proxy and an alt? The truth is this attitude is a major contributing factor to the 'toxic community' and I'm done catering to it. Bans are not weapons.

The problem when u dont ban their alt is they ruin another whole phase and a phase is 1-2 months of work if you played u would understand how frustarcting it can become to lose 1-2 months of work cause of an know hacker that didnt get reban but I understand its hard to find them but when you find them u should reban cause hacker will keep hacking

Phase 4 : Leader of Lightz , mayor of capitol Illumina #3
Phase 5 : Leader of Lightz , mayor of capitol Illumina #1 , won
Phase 6 : Leader of Lightz , mayor of capitol Unicorn #1
Phase 7 : Leader of Lightz , mayor of capitol Illumina #1 , won

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next