CivCraft.net Forums

Back to Civcraft.net

It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:06 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: tips on getting started
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:57 am 
Peasant

Hi. My name is AgentAAA, I'm part of a newer civ that's starting off on phase 7 of Arendal.
Checking the wiki gave me and my group a good amount of understanding of how to build a camp and civ, but little on how to play the game and play it well.
We were hoping to get some advice on how to play from some sort of guide, but in lieu of one I'd like to ask the forumites here what are the best tips and tricks to playing civcraft.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:43 pm 
Prince

Welcome to CivCraft! To make a good beginning with a civ is have enough coins for the first tech and buildings, i should rush for cottages, because that gives coins, in the beginning it's not mush, but after a while it gives you enough money, for the other researches, go for monarchy and taxation, Taxation gives you more cottage money, i shouldn't go for a wonder, cuz it's a lot of money and you will prob get war, if you need something else, msg me on the forum or ask me ingame! :D

Phase 4 : Midisti
Phase 3 : Midisti
What's always happening to me when i spy...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:33 pm 
Settler

Hello! Great to see new players so active, but enough of that you want a tutorial? Get ready for a long CIvcraft Tutorial.

When you first spawn in you will have some starter gear, Fishing Rod wood tools and 250 coins (/money to see). Those coins are VERY VERY important. Now if starting out at the beginning of a reset everything is $1 in the Global Market making it easy. Sadly, you dont have enough money for all the materials you need. You'll have to go mining for ores, smelt them and then sell them at the bank (Small Building 4 Bedrock posts inside). The best way to play this game is to start right as it resets with a small team.

If you manage to get a camp you will want a civ right? To get a civ it requires a lot of work and time. You will need a stack and half of bread for the Longhouse. The longhouse is a camp upgrade that will take bread for coin and tokens of leadership. You need to feed the cottage for 36 hours to get all the tokens you need. To access upgrades the command, for a camp, is /camp upgrade buy list that shows you the upgrades and the amount of coins needed. Then you input what upgrade you want like /camp upgrade buy longhouse. If you have enough coin on you, you will have gotten the upgrade.

To Create a Civ you need a ton of resources so as I said you need a team. (To find the resources go on to the wiki and look at civ). Once you get a civ its how you really want to play to work it up.

But as I said the best time to do it is at a reset which will happen soon.

Speaking of which, do you want to join my team and we can teach you about civcraft while we play get a camp and civ?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]